Bank Simpanan Nasional is a government owned bank in Malaysia, formed to encourage savings, investments and smart financial management among Malaysians to increase their quality of life.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
iA was awarded with the Server Migration and SAP Upgrade Project. The current system landscape was close to 90% utilized and the warranty for the servers were non-renewable. BSN wanted to migrate the HP server to IBM Blades with DEV/QAS & Solman in an Virtual Environment
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Our scope of work:
- The implementation Involved Infrastructure planning and setup of the new Server Farm on IBM Blades with Virtualized DEV / QAS and Solution Manager.
- Network IP changes, Physical to Virtual Conversion(migration)
- Upgrade of SAP from 4.7 to ECC 6 EHP 4.
- With this Upgrade the OS and DB were also upgraded to the latest versions with migration from 32bit to 64bit
Key Challenges :
- The team has to manage the SAP Technical Upgrade downtime requirements very carefully so as to minimise daily operations
- A very comprehensive Disaster Recovery activities was carried out during the project duration which took up a sizeable time to ensure that Failovers and Recovery could be carried out successfully.
Value to the client:
- The client now has a reliable, scalable and robust system which can help to minimise any technical glitches and disruption
- Refreshers training of all modules implemented during 2004 Implementation. This will aid the business users to perform better in their day to day function.
- Additional Technical SAP Training were provided to the IT team to help them better administer the new system