Sabah Electricity Sdn. Bhd. is a vertically integrated utility providing reliable generation, transmission and distribution services in the state of Sabah and the Federal Territory Labuan.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
iA was awarded to implement SAP Industry Solution for Utilities (ISU-CCS), the first client in Asia. Sabah Electricity who has more than 300,000 customers has embarked on this project to replace their legacy billing system.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
The implementation took 10 months to deliver for entire suite and provided the customer with an integrated solution for utilities. The modules implemented were Contract Accounts Receivable, Billing, Device Management, Onsite Meter Reading & Customer Service. In addition, post implementation support services were embarked upon the completion of the implementation project, the modules for the implementation support includes SAP core modules (FI/CO, HR, MM, PM, SM) and SAP Industries Solution/CCS. 2nd Level support is adopted at SESB whereby requests are routed to internal support staff and categorized according to priority. Tracking and review of support log are performed with users and support staff.
Value to the client:
- Year 2000 (Y2K) compliant front-end utility system with seamless integration to ERP back-end system
- Single point of data entry with streamlined and standardized business processes across all SESB stations
- Improved customer satisfaction with better and faster access to information
- Meet customer service expectation with improved Productivity & better Quality Service
- Reduced administrative costs & errors
- Reporting done in minutes instead of days
- Reduction of meter reading from 21 to 15 days
- Better ownership and accountability among users
- Better understanding of the system through knowledge transfer of functionality and configuration