Maybank is Malaysia’s largest financial services group and has a strong regional presence in South East Asia.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
Maybank acquired the business of American Express (AMEX) in the Malaysian market for the issuance of the Centurion Line Charge Card and the Merchant acquiring businesses. The project’s objective was to assist Maybank in completing the acquisition and to prepare the merged entity for Day 1 Operation – ensuring continuous business operations, consistent customer experience and to build a solid foundation for growth and transformation.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Scope of work:
- Assisted Maybank to ensure that the acquired entity’s charge card business in Platinum, Gold, Classic, Corporate and Merchant business is retained for future growth.
- Assisted the merged entity to balance the inevitable short-term operational demands (tactical needs) against medium and long-term realisation (strategic goals).
- Identified critical Day 1 Operation needs and put in place the necessary plans and activities to achieve Day 1 Operation target.
- Set up and ran a Merger Integration Project Office and infrastructure to monitor progress and drive the various integration teams.
- Established benefit tracking strategy to clearly demonstrate the value being created and savings achieved through merger integration.
Value to the client:
- Maybank became the sole American Express Centurion Charge Card Issuer and merchant services provider in Malaysia.
- Increase in market share for the cards issuing and acquiring businesses in Malaysia.