Boustead Naval Shipyard is a one-stop centre for defence and maritime needs.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
Boustead Naval Shipyard was working towards upgrading their system that would allow for effective use of technology solutions to help meet the needs of the organization. The solution would improve the functionalities of existing SAP 4.6C as well as implementing new functions in new version of SAP ECC6.0. The solution was to cover Financial Accounting & Reporting, Management Information, Procurement and Inventory Control, Plant Maintenance, Payroll, Personnel Administration, Recruitment, Training & Event Management and Time Management.
The implementation was done in phased approach in which key foundation was laid down in first phase while Phase 2 will focus in strategic excellence for a better decision support by the management. Using the proven Accelerated SAP implementation methodology, we combined the strengths of Innovation Associates and SAP to deliver an accelerated solution within budget and timeframe. All of the above modules were implemented in 6 months.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Scope of work:
- Review Business processes and developed Future State for BNS group.
- Implemented and upgraded SAP into new ECC6.0 for 3 companies within the group.
Project team needs to be in 2 locations namely KL Head- office and Lumut, Perak from time to time. Time management coordination between the team and the key users at these locations were very crucial
Value to the client:
- Integrated system with online & real time view of business
- Better visibility over business functions and performance
- Faster closing with integrated single common system
- A system which is highly integrated with external system
- Provide framework to implement Strategic Enterprise Management in future phase of implementation