Maybank is Malaysia’s largest financial services group and has a strong regional presence in South East Asia.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
The project’s objective was to implement a national fuel subsidy scheme for Malaysia. Maybank was appointed by Ministry of Finance (MOF) as the party to implement this scheme and worked with a consortium of vendors for the development, delivery and operation of the subsidy system. The scope of the project covered the whole of Malaysia and involved multiple stakeholders from the government, payment regulators, petrol companies and financial institutions / card issuers.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Scope of work:
- Managed vendor and Maybank internal deliveries.
- Compiled, escalated and managed issue resolutions.
- Assisted Maybank to solicit stakeholder commitment.
- Managed stakeholder expectations, concerns and implementation.
- Coordinated stakeholder agreements.
- Brainstormed and documented the future state operating model, ensuring proper considerations for key processes.
Value to the client:
- Confirmation on business requirements for the subsidy system.
- Monitoring of technical development of the subsidy system.
- Buy-in from the various stakeholders and management of stakeholder relationships.
- Management of project interdependencies.
- Creation of an operating model for the subsidy operator entity.
- Management of all communication to key stakeholders.