The Ministry of Entrepreneur & Co-operative Development (MECD) is the main agency responsible for coordinating the development, training and development programmes for Bumiputera entrepreneurs.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
iAC was tasked to develop a strategic action plan for MECD and its Agencies comprises of MARA, UDA, INSKEN, TEKUN, SKM,SEDC, PNS, Bank Pembangunan, Bank Rakyat and SME Bank in three economic corridors development. The corridors include Iskandar Development Region (IDR), Northern Corridor Economic Region (NCER) and East Coast Economic Region (ECER).
The strategic action plan is developed to achieve the desired outcomes of the MECD based on five identified strategic thrusts.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Our scopes of work includes:
- Current state assessment to identify the impact and opportunities of corridor development on entrepreneurs and co-operatives
- Impact assessment of the corridor development on entrepreneurs, enterprises and co-operatives
- Identify opportunities for entrepreneurs, enterprises and co-operatives for the corridor development
- Review current programmes, policies, processes, impact & strategies of MECD to support entrepreneurs, enterprises and co-operatives
- Draw insights from relevant studies and initiatives
- Conduct a future state assessment to benchmark MECD’s involvement and roles in the corridor development to support entrepreneurs, enterprises and co-operatives and determine the future strategic direction relevant to MECD
- Value to the client :
- A detailed strategic action plan for MECD and its Agencies that include governance mechanism to support the development of entrepreneurs, enterprises and cooperatives