Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia is an authority operating under the Ministry of Finance., to track all revenues & expenditures of the country.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
Government Financial and Management Accounting System (GFMAS) project is initiated by the Malaysian Government’s Accountant General (AG) Department office to realize its vision of enhancing Public Sector Accountability through the provision of excellent accounting and management information services.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Our scope of work includes:
- Implementation of SAP Financials (GL, AP, AR, CM, CO, AM, FM, Procurement, BW/ BPS, ABC) and Human Resource Management (OM,PA,PY)
- Integrating various legacy systems and e-Government flagship applications (eSPKB, eTerimaan, HRMIS etc.) at periodic intervals for the purpose of financial consolidation and disclosure in Public Accounts.
- Training to over 1200 users throughout the country requires a strong change management team in place. The computer literacy of the users vary and custom made training needs to be tailored for this situation
Value to the client:
- The Civil Servant’s payroll and claim to over 1.4 million civil servants are paid out on time each month.
- Improve General Ledger, costing (Management Accounting), budgetary controls, payroll, fixed assets and Financial Management functions.
- Centralize management of loans, investments, funds and cash
- Provide a common view of the entire Government’s accounting operations – across functions and processes and forms the framework for performance management and promotes greater transparency.
- Decisions that were once time-consuming, can be made instantly and consistently via online, real-time application and reporting