The EPF is a social security institutions established under the Laws of Malaysia, Employees Provident Fund Act 1991 (Act 452) which provides retirement benefits for members through management of their savings in an efficient and reliable. EPF also provides an efficient and easy to ensure they meet their legal responsibility and moral obligation to contribute to the EPF for their employees.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
KWSP’s immediate intention to perform the SAP technical upgrade is mainly twofold.
- To extend the maintenance lifespan of the SAP software by upgrading the current version of SAP R/3 4.7b / BW 3.5 to the latest SAP ECC6.0/BW 7.3 and
- To maximize the functionality enhancement in SAP in the following areas, workflow approval capability , budget enhancements, enable the GST readiness in the system.
Innovation Associates Consulting was appointed for this project as we are perceived to be the most technically and commercially qualified incumbent SAP systems integrator for KWSP since the inception of the SAP project in 2005.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Our scope of work included:
- Perform server and RAM upgrade
- Upgrade all SAP environments in KWSP for the R/3 and BW versions respectively
- Setup and install SAP Solution Manager
- Enable Workflow capability in Finance, Budget Enhancement and GST Readiness
We will deliver the following value to the client:
- Better Segregation of Duties and Control when the workflow capability has been enabled for certain key business scenarios
- Achieve greater visibility into a more detailed spending analysis when the budget enhancement is in place.
- Improved performance as the new version will be running on the new X series servers for BW and Upgraded RAM for the I series servers
- The new upgraded SAP version will also cater for KWSP’s future growth and better functionalities when required