The Federal Land Development Authority or FELDA was established to carry out and implement land development and also undertake commercial development in Resource Based Industry. One of the largest plantation companies in the world with investment in various commercial activities
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
Felda Group of Companies engaged Innovation Associates to manage Programmed Management Office as well as the implementation of SAP for 25 companies within the group.
FELDA embarked on a major computerization project for 25 companies to implement a fully integrated business system which consists of 18 modules including Financial, Procurement, Human Resource, Project Management, Plant Maintenance, Manufacturing, Service Management, Sales & Distribution, Settlers Management, Land Management, Plantation Management, Property Management and Technology facilities (Executive Information System, Document Management, Knowledge Management, Business Workflow and e-Commerce).The group has 20,000 employees and more than 200 customized solutions.
The project is one of the biggest (nationwide) in terms of end-users and implementation sites. The total sites involved were more than 1,000 from HQ to the various mills, and schemes all over the nation. There were also a number of interfaces built to integrate with some of Felda’s own customized systems.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
- Established a Project Management Office to manage the various business and IT projects.
- Managed and monitored all projects within the program to achieve key milestones.
- Provided regular program reporting, communication and escalated issues to Steering Committee.
- Close monitoring and liaison with other vendors.
Value to the client:
- The creation of a program office to efficiently monitor and control the implementation of the integrated business systems.
- An organized and well-structured overview and presentation of business goals and plans.
- Successfully managed the project risks.
Established a group-wide chart of accounts for Felda with the stake holders which is scalable and flexible for reporting
- Provided a group-wide system design and template which could be easily rolled out to other subsidiaries easily.
- Provided knowledge transfer in SAP implementation and support to Felda Prodata being the internal SAP support team for the entire Felda group.