Malaysian Agrifood Corporation is an integrated food supply chain management company in Malaysia.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
In Phase 1, we were engaged to assist Malaysian Agrifood Corporation (MAFC) to prepare a 5-year ICT Strategic Plan (ISP). The plan enables MAFC to map out their budget and resources to achieve an end-to-end traceability of their product.
Upon the successful completion of the ISP, our services were further extended to assist in setting up a Project Management Office (PMO) to oversee the implementation of the Financial System, Farm Management System and Intranet Portal. We were also engaged to assist in the system selection process of the Human Resource Management System and Logistics Management System.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Scope of work:
- Developed an ISP covering key milestones and resources of all projects
- Established a Project Management Office to manage the various IT projects and to select two systems
- Managed and monitored all projects within the program to achieve key milestones
- Provided regular program reporting, communication and escalated issues to Steering Committee
- Extended involvement in advising clients on critical project issues
Value to the client:
- Phased planning for the implementation of ICT projects to achieve business expectations
- Properly managed the ICT projects with regular reporting, issue and risk management
- Standardised approach for the selection of the ICT systems