Bursa Malaysia is an exchange holding company. It operates a fully integrated exchange, offering the complete range of exchange-related services including trading, clearing, settlement and depository services.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
BURSA Malaysia went live on SAP in 2005 for 6 subsidiaries. As the implementation was over a short duration and covers a breath of SAP functionalities from SAP Portal, Interfaces to external parties, human resource, finance as well as business consolidation. Upon go-live , BURSA prioritized in stabilizing the SAP environment for the initial 1 year after system live.
IA has been awarded the SAP Application Management for 3 + 1 years duration to help stabilized the SAP environment, At the later stage of the engagement focused on maximizing the usage of implemented functionalities in SAP as well as roll-out to additional subsidiary of BURSA group. Also encompasses, sub-project on upgrade of SAP to latest SAP ECC6 in year 2010.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Scope of work:
- Provided 2nd level support SAP Application Management service to BURSA with the deployment of SAP subject matter experts at when required.
- Deployment IA Application Management services approach on delivery the service, management and reporting of services and roll-out of SAP major and minor changes and enhancements at specific intervals of engagement.
- Provided refresher courses to BURSA users on SAP to upkeep users knowledge and sustain the usability of SAP systems deployed at BURSA
Value to the client:
- Upkeep the stability and up-time of SAP systems, enabling BURSA to operate efficiently on backend operation. Also ensuring stringent Bursa quarterly reporting in SAP are timely delivered.
- Enhance the functionalities of SAP, and roll-out of to new subsidiary, ‘Bursa Malaysia Islamic Services’
- Continuous effort of improvement with upgrading SAP to latest version at that period to enable BURSA users to use new improved and more user friendly portal technologies of SAP at a very early stage.