Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS) is an agency under the Ministry of Domestic Trade Cooperative & Consumerism which has been mandated to lead the development of Malaysia’s franchise industry.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
The purpose of this project is to develop a Franchising Blueprint for Perbadanan Nasional Berhad (PNS) with a focus on identifying strategic directions of Bumiputera participation in the franchising industry. This project will also strive to assist PNS in identifying strategic initiatives and formulation of implementation roadmap relevant to the Blueprint development.
The Blueprint will ensure that via the increased participation in franchising, the Bumiputera entrepreneurs acquire the necessary experience and know-how and are able to spur the growth of Malaysian economy.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
The scope of work included:
- Assess and review the development of the franchise industry with a view of gaining strategic insights on the internal dynamics of the industry
- Assess current involvement and participation of bumiputera in the franchising industry.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of the various programmes and policies and roles of various agencies in promoting bumiputera involvement in the franchising industry.
Value to the client:
- A franchising Blueprint for PNS comprising
- A future vision for franchising
- Strategic Thrusts
- Policies & Programmes : Priority sectors
- Key Performance Indicators
- Institutional framework and organisational capabilities
- High level 5-year implementation roadmap