The Malaysian Investment Development Authority (MIDA) is the government’s principal agency for the promotion of the manufacturing and services sectors in Malaysia. MIDA assists companies which intend to invest in the manufacturing and services sectors, as well as facilitates the implementation of their projects.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
iA/Booz & Co has been engaged by MIDA to provide strategic advice for the MIDA corporatisation exercise.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Our scopes of work includes:
- Reconfirm MIDA’s vision & strategic objectives
- Review relevant corporatisation lessons learnt from other agencies
- Conduct baseline assessment
- Define corporatisation requirements
- Define MIDA’s sources of revenue and incentive structures
- Identify the target operating and human capital models that will define the organization structure
- Define key management systems
- Develop work plans (roadmap) for Phase 2 covering legal, corporate model, organisation, human capital and key operating policies and procedures
- Programme manage (overall)
A Corporatization roadmap for MIDA to be more efficient, productive and financially stable organization.
The roadmap covers the following areas:
- Corporatisation model
- Organisation and management
- Asset management
- Accounting, finance and operations
- Human resource requirements and development