The Iskandar Regional Development Authority (IRDA) is a Malaysian Federal Government statutory body tasked with the objective of regulating and driving various stakeholders in both public and private sector towards realising the vision of developing Iskandar Malaysia into a strong and sustainable metropolis of international standing.
BACKGROUND OF ENGAGEMENT
iAC was engaged by IRDA to assist in developing Iskandar Malaysia (IM) Tourism Cluster Development Strategy in order to attract, to sustain and to grow the number of tourist to Iskandar Malaysia.
SCOPE & VALUE DELIVERED
Our scopes of work includes:
- Current assessment on tourism activities in IM. These include issues, challenges and SWOT.
- Identify all current and future initiatives by existing players and stakeholders
- Identify and evaluate issues on product development/packaging, marketing/promotion and branding.
- Undertake of a capacity assessment of all stakeholders to determine the development needs of the organization
- Underline why tourism industry has not been successful in IM.
Value to the client:
- Tourism Cluster Development Strategy consisting of
1- Value proposition, budget & implementation plan, Marketing, promotion & branding and synthesized roadmap & Organizational capability & monitoring structure
2- Implementation Team Report – Steering committee and workgroups, project structure, approved pilot sites and products & network developments
- Mind-set & Transition Programme for Critical Stakeholders with implicit strategy to encourage Bumiputera participation in the tourism industry in Iskandar Malaysia.